Warranty and Product Care
Any canopy you choose from DockLiftCanopies.com will last you for years with proper use and maintenance and all include a manufacturer's warranty specific to the brand. All of the canopies we provide are constructed using the marine grade fabric of your choosing.
In addition, we will double the length of the manufacturer's warranty on any canopy bought and serviced through our Northern Wisconsin location.
*We will also prioritize these canopies for warranty service and repair.*
Here are some hints for the longest life possible and warranty care:
*USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN REMOVING OR INSTALLING ANY DOCK CANOPY!*
- Avoid allowing water to puddle on the canopy for extended periods of time. Water and dirt can cause discoloration and water weight will stretch your canopy.
- Battery acid and some types of tree sap may corrode and eat holes in the canopy.
- Fold and store canopy ONLY when completely dry. Wet or damp material will discolor and grow mold/mildew. Storage in a warm, dry location will extend the life of your canopy.
- DO NOT use chemicals or abrasives to clean canopy, as this could damage the vinyl. Use a soft dish soap and lightly pressurized water for best results. We are happy to share our knowledge about safe products to use in caring for your canopy. We carry both cleaning and treatment options, and are happy to help you find them in your area if you are not near our location.
- Always remove* the canopy during the winter months, especially in areas of heavy snowfall. Freezing and thawing outdoors will damage the vinyl.
- The canopy must be removed* when taking the boat lift out of the water for any reason, i.e. winter storage or repair, or if the boat is out of the water for any extended period of time. Failure to do so could result in wind damage to the canopy, boat lift, dock and surrounding area. (*Vinyl canopy is removed by detaching hooks).
*- CAUTION: Stretching and removing bungee cords requires strength and proper balance. DO NOT let go of bungee cords when under tension; an eye injury or other bodily injury could occur. ALWAYS wear safety glasses and the proper protective clothing.